Growing Great Minds Together
Reading for pleasure is vital for children's cognitive development and this love of reading is what we want to instil in every child in this school.
Children who read for pleasure make more progress in maths, vocabulary and spelling than those who rarely read.
Children from Nursery to Year 6 are expected to:
- Share books at home 5 times a week
- Experience a variety of texts (fiction, non-fiction, magazines, instructions, etc) in various formats (paper, tablet, computer etc)
- Complete the reading log weekly (Reception to Year 6)
- Talk about what they've read
- Build their vocabulary by identifying words and their meanings
See below for the Parent Workshop Talk from February 2020
Recommended Reading Lists
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
If you would like to purchase a book for the library, please see our wish-lists on Amazon.